She’s a jazzy South American singer known worldwide for her Bossa Nova cover songs. Connect Brazil’s weekly digest keeps you informed and up to date with the best of Brazil. What will you discover?
Karen Souza covers the Bossa beat for millions of fans and she wants to know: Are you a fan of Bossa Nova redos?
If you’re like me, then you’ve heard Karen Souza’s velvet-smooth voice countless times. And you’re not alone. She is among a handful of South American female vocalists from the Music Brokers system who battle for YouTube’s Bossa Nova cover bragging rights on a weekly basis.
In fact, our streaming station and our network of streaming Brazilian music channels at Connect Brazil have been playing her music for more than a decade now.
But why did she decide to hide her identity during her early days? You’ll be surprised at what we learned about Karen Souza. Read the rest of her story here.
Don’t miss our streaming radio debut for Karen Souza this Wednesday. I’ll give you details on how to listen, below.
Brazil Back2Back: Listen this Wednesday at 11 am, 2 pm, and 5 pm CT, top of the hour for two in a row from Karen Souza. Exclusively on our streaming station at Connect Brazil. Listen Here.
Scott Adams, Midday Host
- Lifestyle: Exploring Salvador, Bahia’s famous Mercado Modelo.
- Music: Here’s your last and forever final chance to sample our video list of April’s Brazilian music birthdays. Until next year.
- Food & Drink: So what’s so darn special about this Urca eatery?
- People: Meet Sao Paulo’s world-renowned chef, Alex Atala.
- Picture of the Day: An inspiring photo every day whenever you visit our homepage.
Connect Brazil’s Weekender arrives in your inbox this Thursday! Read a current issue and sign up here.
Spotlight Song: Karen Souza ‘Every Breath You Take’
STREAMING MUSIC NEWS
Sunday is Oscar Night, so this week, it’s ‘Brazil Goes To The Movies’ with two hours of Brazilian soundtrack show stoppers on The Sounds of Brazil. Listen 4 X daily and on-demand through May 9th. The playlist and Producer’s Notes are here.
ON OUR STREAMING STATION
When it comes to the best Brazilian music, we speak your language! Our streaming station is a jazzy blend of breezy bossas and crossover hits from both sides of the equator. Always free and always live, this is music you can live with!
Treat your ears to our unique blend. Our streaming station is the perfect choice for the sunshine season. Listen for these songs this week during The Midday Show with Scott Adams (M-F, 9 am to 3 pm CT).
- ‘Baby, Come To Me’ – Eliane Elias
- ‘Verano Dias’ – Rainforest Band (Instrumental)
- ‘Nago Buddah’ – Gilberto Gil
Listen for these songs and thousands more on our always-live streaming station, and click here for all of our streaming music channels.
Best way to listen? Connect Brazil’s Listening Lounge.
Always two-of-a-kind and always two in a row when you listen at the top of the hour, at 11 am, 2 pm, and 5 pm (US Central) Monday, Wednesday & Friday.
Here’s this week’s lineup:
- Monday, April 26 – 90s Brazilian Jazz
- Wednesday, April 28 – Karen Souza’s streaming radio debut of ‘Language Of Love’ LISTEN
- Friday, April 30 – Till Bronner
Next week on Brazil Back2Back:
- Monday, May 3 – Celia Vaz
- Wednesday, May 5 – New Music Wednesday: ‘Voce’ by Daniela Soledade, and by Silva
- Friday, May 7 – Deodato
Visit the Listening Lounge to listen live, for real-time playlists or to request a song.
New Music: Till Bronner and Bob James ‘Lemonade’
Listen to this song on Connect Brazil’s always-live streaming station, 24/7, worldwide.
Connect Brazil’s Events section has the early line on entertainment recommendations for Spring with more live venues, and club dates added regularly. And musicians can post their events for free, anytime.
We have a full slate of streaming and virtual events for pianist Gregg Karukas posted. Enjoy live club dates and livestream Brazilian jazz concerts with Philly’s Minas, or St. Pete’s Nate Najar Trio with Daniela Soledade, You’ll find virtual Brazilian cooking and Zumba classes, even the return of Brazilian Jazz to San Antonio’s Riverwalk.
Plus your pick of full length, on-demand virtual Brazilian jazz concerts, too.
- Click here to browse upcoming events.
THE BRAZILAIN COMFORT FOOD GUIDE
Browse Brazilian eateries, cafes and markets near you, coast to coast
Africa, Portugal, Japan, and Italy. America and indigenous Brasil. Hundreds of family-owned Brazilian restaurants, coffee houses and cafes, bakeries, and grocery markets coast-to-coast are ready to share these international influences with you and your family.
Connect Brazil is donating its services to spread the word about the tasty rewards of your patronage.
We hope that you will do the same by placing an order soon with an eatery near you. Your support makes everything taste better. Even Brazilian cheesebreads!
SEARCH THE DIRECTORY FOR BRAZILIAN COMFORT FOOD NEAR YOU
Karen Souza Covers The Bossa Beat: Connect Brazil This Week
Stories like ‘Karen Souza Covers The Bossa Beat: Connect Brazil This Week’ are what we do. Why don’t you join us?
- Sign up for our emails on music, travel, friends and fun. Listen to our ‘always live’ streaming station and our 12 streaming music channels, always free. Browse our Lifestyle Directory. Click here to like our Facebook page and here for Brazilian events coast to coast.