Connect Brazil’s weekly digest keeps you informed and up to date with the best of Brazil. What will you discover?
Marisa Monte’s return means an end to an decade-long drought and a new album (Top Stories, below). Topical stories, songs and recipes waiting on the homepage at Connect Brazil.
- Feature: It’s been 10 long years since Marisa Monte’s last solo studio album. Read our exclusive story on her new album for 2021 (hint: it’s already done!).
- Music: The Sounds of Brazil celebrates it’s 1,500th weekly radio show beginning Sunday February 28. Here’s what to expect.
- Food & Drink: What makes Brazilian beans taste so yummy? Try this quick and easy recipe sometime this week.
- People: Old School is the best school: Remebering crooner Cauby Peixoto during his birthday month.
- Picture of the Day: A handpicked photo every day whenever you visit our homepage.
Connect Brazil’s Weekender arrives in your inbox every other Thursday! Read a current issue and sign up here.
Listen to this song on our streaming channels, including Bossa Nova Love Affiar, Cafe Copacabana and The Sunday Brazilian Brunch.
STREAMING MUSIC NEWS
This week, it’s the Winter edition of ‘Long Sonngs’ on The Sounds of Brazil. Listen 4 X daily and on demand through February 27th. The playlist and Producer’s Notes are here.
ON OUR STREAMING STATION
The sea, the sun and The Sounds of Brazil’s streaming station: A jazzy blend of breezy bossas and crossover hits from both sides of the equator. America’s only ‘Always Live’ streaming station for Brazilian music.
With Spring only four weeks away, new music is arriving every day. Here are a few songs to keep an ear on while listening to our streaming station, including:
- ‘Be The Change’ – Jarrod Lawson
- ‘Assistindo O Pôr Do Sol’ – Guitarist Lee Hutchinson
- ‘Diga’ – Luciana Araújo
Listen for these songs on our always-live streaming station, and click here for all 10 of our streaming music channels.
Check out Connect Brazil’s Listening Lounge.
Always two-of-a-kind and always two in a row when you listen at the top of the hour, at 11 am, 2 pm and 5 pm (US Central) Monday, Wednesday & Friday.
Here’s this week’s lineup:
- Monday, February 22 – Remembering singer Norma Bengell
- Wednesday, February 24 – New Music Wednesday: Emanuela Campana & U-Nam
- Friday, February 26 – Marisa Monte
Next week on Brazil Back2Back:
- Monday, March 1 – Celebrating Rio de Janeiro’s 456th birthday
- Wednesday, March 3 – New Music Wednesday: pianist Gregg Karukas & Mart’nália
- Friday, March 5 – Torcuato Mariano & Victor Biglione
Visit the Listening Lounge to listen live, for real-time playlists or to request a song.
New Music Spotlight: Gilsons with Mariana Volker – ‘Devagarinho’
Who are Gilsons? In typical Brazilian fashion, here’s a bit of clever wordplay, because this talented trio of young singers is made up of the son and grandsons of Gilberto Gil. Word is that Papa Gil had a hand in the creation of the group’s debut album last summer. Get to know Francisco Gil, João Gil and José Gil. You’ll love their style.
Listen to this song on Connect Brazil’s always-live streaming station, and on our New Music: Brazil streaming channel.
Connect Brazil’s Events section has fresh recommendations for February, from live club dates and livestream Brazilian jazz concerts with Chicago’s Luciano Antonio, or St. Pete’s Nate Najar Trio with Daniela Soledade, to virtual Brazilian cooking and Zumba classes, even the return of Brazilian Jazz to San Antonio’s Riverwalk. Plus your pick of full length, on-demand virtual Brazilian jazz concerts, too.
- Click here to browse upcoming events.
THE BRAZILAIN COMFORT FOOD GUIDE
Browse Brazilian eateries, cafes and markets near you, coast to coast
It’s true. Hundreds of family-owned Brazilian restaurants, coffee houses and cafes, bakeries, and grocery markets coast-to-coast need your active support during these challenging times. Many dozens have already closed.
Connect Brazil is donating its services to spread the word about the tasty rewards of your patronage.
We hope that you will do the same by placing an order soon with an eatry near you. Your support makes everything taste better.
SEARCH THE DIRECTORY FOR BRAZILIAN COMFORT FOOD NEAR YOU
Marisa Monte’s Return: Connect Brazil This Week
Stories like this are what we do. Why don’t you join us?
- Sign up for our emails on music, travel, friends and fun. Listen to our ‘always live’ streaming station and our 12 streaming music channels, always free. Browse our Lifestyle Directory. Click here to like our Facebook page and here for Brazilian events coast to coast.