PBS brings its documentary to American viewers this June. Connect Brazil’s weekly digest keeps you informed and up to date with the best of Brazil. What will you discover?
Sergio Mendes on PBS? It’s true. PBS will broadcast and stream the five-star documentary, Sergio Mendes & Friends: A Celebration during June 2021. This national premiere is based on filmmaker John Scheinfeld’s feature documentary, Sergio Mendes: In The Key Of Joy. Get complete details.
Don’t miss the inside story behind this TV stunner. We’ll take you behind the camera, on location in Rio! I’ll give you details on what to watch for. Read more.
Scott Adams, Midday Host
- Lifestyle: Can you survive Brazil’s four epic adventures?
- Music: Bobby Brazil’s only album is 99.9% anonymous. And it’s 110% fantastic!
- Food & Drink: Uh, have you made plans for Mother’s Day? Let’s do it.
- People: Bebel Gilberto celebrates. It’s our video list of May’s musical birthdays!
- Picture of the Day: Folks you don’t even know love our daily images. You will too.
Connect Brazil’s Weekender arrives in your inbox next Thursday! Read a current issue and sign up here.
New Music: Fred Martins ‘A Filha da Porta-Bandeira’
STREAMING MUSIC NEWS
This week, it’s been a while since we caught up with Philadelphia’s husband and wife duo of Orlando Haddad and Patricia King, aka Minas. Settle in with two hours of favorite song on The Sounds of Brazil. Listen 4 X daily and on-demand through May 9th. The playlist and Producer’s Notes are here.
ON OUR STREAMING STATION
Our streaming station is a jazzy blend of breezy bossas and crossover hits from both sides of the equator. Always free and always live, this is music you can live with!
Treat your ears to our unique blend. Our streaming station is the perfect choice for the sunshine season. Listen for these songs this week during The Midday Show with Scott Adams (M-F, 9 am to 3 pm CT).
- ‘E Voce’ – Marisa Monte with Tribalistas
- ‘One Night In Rio’ – DJ Maretimo (Instrumental)
- ‘Don’t Wait For Love’ – Will Downing
Listen for these songs and thousands more on our always-live streaming station, and click here for all of our streaming music channels.
Best way to listen? Connect Brazil’s Listening Lounge.
Always two-of-a-kind and always two in a row when you listen at the top of the hour, at 11 am, 2 pm, and 5 pm (US Central) Monday, Wednesday & Friday.
Here’s this week’s lineup:
- Monday, May 3 – Celia Vaz
- Wednesday, May 5 – New Music Wednesday: ‘Voce’ by Daniela Soledade, and by Silva
- Friday, May 7 – Deodato
Next week on Brazil Back2Back:
- Monday, May 10 – Sao Paul Sirens
- Wednesday, May 12 – Bebel Gilberto on her birthday
- Friday, May 14 – Toco
Visit the Listening Lounge to listen live, for real-time playlists or to request a song.
Spotlight Song: Gisele de Santi ‘E Eu’
Listen to this song on Connect Brazil’s always-live streaming station, 24/7, worldwide.
Connect Brazil’s Events section has the early line on entertainment recommendations for Spring with more live venues, and club dates added regularly. And musicians can post their events for free, anytime.
We have a full slate of streaming and virtual events for pianist Gregg Karukas posted. Enjoy live club dates and livestream Brazilian jazz concerts with Philly’s Minas, or St. Pete’s Nate Najar Trio with Daniela Soledade, You’ll find virtual Brazilian cooking and Zumba classes, even the return of Brazilian Jazz to San Antonio’s Riverwalk.
Plus your pick of full length, on-demand virtual Brazilian jazz concerts, too.
- Click here to browse upcoming events.
THE BRAZILAIN COMFORT FOOD GUIDE
Browse Brazilian eateries, cafes and markets near you, coast to coast
Africa, Portugal, Japan, and Italy. America and indigenous Brasil. Hundreds of family-owned Brazilian restaurants, coffee houses and cafes, bakeries, and grocery markets coast-to-coast are ready to share these international influences with you and your family.
Connect Brazil is donating its services to spread the word about the tasty rewards of your patronage.
We hope that you will do the same by placing an order soon with an eatery near you. Your support makes everything taste better. Even Brazilian cheesebreads!
SEARCH THE DIRECTORY FOR BRAZILIAN COMFORT FOOD NEAR YOU
Sergio Mendes on PBS: Connect Brazil This Week
Stories like ‘Sergio Mendes on PBS: Connect Brazil This Week’ are what we do. Why don’t you join us?
- Sign up for our emails on music, travel, friends and fun. Listen to our ‘always live’ streaming station and our 12 streaming music channels, always free. Browse our Lifestyle Directory. Click here to like our Facebook page and here for Brazilian events coast to coast.